POWER Collaborative Network (PCN)
June 8, 2011 – Meeting Summary
The June 2011 POWER Collaborative Network (PCN) monthly meeting focused on ‘Health Consciousness for the 21st Century Workplace’. We extend a special appreciation to Elainea Robbins, Business Manager for the Los Angeles Urban League Business & Career WorkSource Center who synchronized an exceptional meeting for all of the PCN members. In addition, we want to especially thank Antoinette Anderson, Director, Los Angeles Urban League Business & Career WorkSource Center for graciously consenting the PCN to meet and network at the facility.
Thomasine “Tina” Howlett, Owner, Restoration For Today provided a unique health management program for today’s modern employee surrounding “Aromatherapy in the Workplace”. Ms. Howlett’s email address is THowlett@stjosephctr.org.
Stella Ursua, President/Founder North American School of Green Technology as well provided a state-the-art presentation interrelated with how to best
prepare for career opportunities in the green working environment. Stella Ursua’s office number and email address is (562) 413-1749, firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively.
Dean Jones, cofounder/Executive Director of the PCN, a nonprofit public benefit group, expressed how the PCN members have expansive resources in career training, employment opportunities, and social services that include housing, medical care, internships, and so much more. These PCN monthly meetings are
greater than ever as an outreach tool for socioeconomic development that intelligently adhere to the U.S. Workforce Investment Act in collaborating with
human social service organizations.
The Internet web site www.IStartOnMonday.com has become an outstanding part of civic reach by constantly identifying and sharing employment and training opportunities everyday! The web site receives its listings from a ten-year old network of social service providers, who continually distribute positive employment, training classes, job fairs and variety of essential resources. Although, the majority of opportunities target low- to moderate-income individuals, significant varieties of degreed positions are also included. Mr. Jones’ office number is (310) 637-7248, or email POWERSOLA@aol.com.
The next PCN meeting is Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 10 AM – Noon. Our host is the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE)– 1625 W. Olympic Blvd., 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90015, Noemi Castaneda, email@example.com.
Meeting Attendees forJune 2011
- Andria Streeter, Goodwill Serving the People of Southern Los Angeles County
- Anita Wallace, Los Angeles Urban League Business & Career Center
- Anthony Johnson, U.S. Vets, Inc.
- Antoinette Anderson, Los Angeles Urban League Business & Career Center
- Bobbi Smith, Los Angeles Urban League
- Bobee Zeno, Vitas Innovative Hospice Care
- Carolyn Christian Hines, Hines Hospitality Group
- Charlotte Callegari, City of Carson Career Center
- Dean Jones, Southland Partnership Corp./POWER Collaborative Network
- Duffy Leahy, Volunteers of America (VOALA)
- Earl Johnson, CBD College
- Eleanea Robbins, Los Angeles Urban League Business and Career Center
- Ennio Deras, Children’s Institute
- Eric Sloan, Computer Works
- Ernie Woods, MyVideo Talk
- G. Shane Mitchell, Los Angeles Urban League Business and Career Center
- George Hooks, The American Dream News
- Giovanni Paz, Para Los Niños
- Gloria Alcala, Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF)
- J. Draquez, The Gardner House
- James Jones, Gangster for Gang
- Janaya Thomas, Goodwill Serving the People of Southern Los Angeles County
- Janette Magee, El Camino College
- Jania Crump, World Financial Group
- Jason Brusavich, Clothes the Deal
- Jessica Arnold, Volunteers of America (VOALA)
- Jonae Watts, Los Angeles Opportunities Industrialization Center (LAOIC)
- Joseph White, Los Angeles Urban League Business and Career Center
- Julie De La Mora, CA Employment Development Department
- Lisa Anderson, Salvation Army
- Maria Mata, L.A. County Community Social Services
- Martha Martinez, Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE
- Marvinette Harris, Southeast Los Angeles Watts Worksource Center
- MaryD Miller, Los Angeles Youth Opportunity Movement – Boyle Heights
- Michell Williams
- Norma Hollis, Norma Thompson Hollis, Inc.
- Patricia Arias, Para Los Niños
- Patricia Hall, Peaceful Journal Massage
- Patty Covarrubias, Platt College
- Regina Lee, Los Angeles Urban League
- Renee Williams, Financial Education
- Renika Hodges, STAR, Inc.
- Revlyn Williams, Manchester Community Tech
- Ricky Davis, Los Angeles Urban League Business & Career Center
- Roberto Recillas, United Latinos In America
- Ronald Banks, Children’s Institute
- Roy Little, CA Department of Rehabilitation
- Samatha Bledman, Primerica Financial Services
- Seta Zorabian, Hollywood Worksource
- Sharon Cooper, Los Angeles Urban League
- Sheila Wiley, Infotech Career College
- Shirley Green, Intercoast College
- Stella Ursua, North American School of Green Technology
- Thomasine “Tina” Howlett, Restoration For Today
- Timothy Smith, World financial Group
- Treva Miller, Los Angeles World Airports
- Valeria Ramos, Community Development Commission
- Yvette Davis, Internal Revenue Service
Sponsors and supporters see reliance in the PCN’s commitment toward promoting useful human resources service data and innovative socioeconomic development strategies via the Internet and business meetings. The PCN members Agenda topics cover discussions on job recruitment, funding, training, and other related human need interests. For opportunities with obtaining job, training and essential resources visit www.IStartOnMonday.com
Produced by Southland Partnership Corporation – www.Bizpartnership.biz
A provider of outreach and connectivity for socioeconomic services – www.IStartOnMonday.com
A paraphrased quote from the President of the United States, Barrack Obama, (4thQ. 2010); “I of course condemn the crimes of those who are convicted but, individuals who have paid for their crimes should have an opportunity to contribute to society